Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Artist's Statement

To me, experimenting is essential in developing my art.  An example would be experimenting with the color of the paper.  Like most artists, I began with the use of white paper, and through the years switched to colored paper. I greatly appreciated the effect of colored pencil on a different shade of paper. My colors became brighter and my mark was greatly visible.  This experimentation with colored paper has changed the mood and dynamics of my work.

  I would say that my dreams influence a lot of my work. Many dreams that I have include being surrounded by huge, deadly snakes at the foot of my bed, my teeth falling off completely, and running with heavy legs making me appear to be in slow motion. I have recently combined these ideas with my colored paper technique to create colorful and comic-like pieces.

  Most of the time, I like to put myself in the setting. I continuously use a frightened expression on my face, because I am an easily scared person.

1 comment:

  1. Well, lookit that lovely artist statement.
    It's Edo, BTDub.

    Follow me like a stalker,
    or you'll regret it. :c

    ReplyDelete