Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm Scared!

I've always been afraid of things. Monsters and scary things are just not my favorite to encounter. My AP 2D concentration deals with things that greatly frighten me. My attempted remake of The Scream/The Cry by Edvard Munch has me as the screaming character that has been left behind by a bus in the middle of nowhere. Munch's piece deals with the feelings of fear, anxiety, and isolation. If I were to be left by a bus in the mountains I would fear that no one would find me and I would be all by myself. It just would not be fun to be left behind. Although I might not include this piece as one of my concentration pieces, I will keep it in my portfolio. Other pieces that I have done for my concentration include me in the middle of giant, vicious-looking snakes, surrounded by monsters, and being attacked by a giant octopus.

1 comment: