Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Dog Betty

I've had my dog Betty for almost a year now. She will be one-year-old this month of October (7 dog years). We found her abandoned behind a small shopping center last December and decided to keep her. To this day I am not certain what breed of dog she is, but everyone thinks she is a pitbull. For her whole life she has lived inside with me in my room. When she barely moved in, she slept on my bed each night since we had not bought her a bed yet. It was cold so we would keep each other warm. We bought her a bed and she took long to get accustomed with it, but she did so eventually. We took her to PetSmart training classes, but unluckily she graduated with no sense of etiquette. She cannot control herself, especially when people come to our house. She barks at everyone that she doesn't recognize and lately she has been sleeping on my bed and leaving a ton of dog hairs on it. She is driving me nuts! But I still love her enough to catch her sleeping to draw her in a split-complimentary color scheme on green, textured paper surrounded by her toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment